- The most significant financial contribution you can make would be to Judah’s Memorial fund, set up at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. MSKCC and I are working not only to raise awareness but also advance our knowledge of MBC. I am extremely excited to announce that we have just completed groundbreaking research on the significant differences between male and female breast cancer which was funded by the Judah Gubbay Memorial Trust. This study was conducted by Mahmoud B. El-Tamer, MD, Jorge S. Reis-Filho, MD, PhD, FRCPath, Clifford A. Hudis, MD, Andrew D. Seidman, MD. Our next research project will be conducted by Dr. Ayca Gucalp, MD and Dr. Tiffany Traina, MD. The primary objectives are to characterize the underlying biology that drives the development and progression of male breast cancer. Making a contribution here is the most significant thing you can do to specifically support the understanding of male breast cancer aside from talking about it and creating awareness. Please consider helping us achieve our goal of $60,000.
“My primary doctor had assured me that the lump I felt on my right nipple was just fatty tissue. But after several months it had enlarged. It turned out I had breast cancer. Men think they are immune because it is a woman’s disease. I hope the pink ribbon will have a tinge of blue some day. It doesn’t have to be split in the middle—just give us a corner. If it wasn’t for my diagnosis, my daughter would have waited until 40 to get a mammogram. It might have been too late. It turned out she had breast cancer, too.” - Arnaldo Silva, NJ
Contributions are gratefully accepted in memory of Judah to benefit the Judah Gubbay Memorial Trust at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. All donations are tax deductible. Many companies match charitable contributions made by their employees. If your company has a Matching Gift program then you can double or even triple your impact! Please check with your HR Department for any required forms or procedures.
DONATIONS BY MAIL
Please make checks payable to ‘Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center’ & mention the Judah Gubbay Memorial Fund in the memo.
Please send donations to:
Colleen Hanley, Associate Director, Annual Giving
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
633 Third Avenue, 12th Floor, South
New York, NY 10017
Donations may also be made online here.
DONATIONS BY PHONE
You may also make a credit card donation over the phone: (646) 227-2886, or by firstname.lastname@example.org Please mention the Judah Gubbay Memorial Fund.
We have raised over $200,000 to support breast cancer metastasis research and awareness. With these funds we have also contributed to a plaque installed outside a mammography room in tribute to Judah at MSKCC’s Evelyn Lauder Breast Center. His oncologist, Dr. Andrew Seidman, has completed and published research that we helped to fund on the unique metastasis of breast cancer to the brain.
- Would you like to help us in the Male Breast Cancer week campaign, please go here or Contact us.
- Are you a lawyer? Do you want to help with legal aspects? Patents, etc. Contact us.
- Do you write for TV or film or work in the news and want to highlight this topic? Contact us.
- Like us on Facebook.
- Follow us on Twitter at The Blue Wave on Twitter.
- Help us spread our message with your social media network.
- Inspect the Pecs. If you are a guy, give yourself a breast exam or ask your doctor to perform one the next time you have an appointment. It’s just a few minutes, and it could save your life or someone you love.
- If you do nothing else, tell one person that men get it too. You just might save a life or two. Spread the word, not the cancer.